cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy watch w/ motorola force 2 , volume issues

I have a Motorola force 2  on US Cellular, running android 8.0

My phone shows all volume to be all the way up, but after a hour or so from rebooting when connected to the Galaxy 46 mm watch, all notification sounds, alarm , call ringer...  they are silent, while showing to still be at full volume.  If I turn off the blue tooth so the watch disconnects everthing functions normally.  Why would things work correctly at first then go silent? I have done factory resets on both devices and the problem persists.  Anyone have any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Galaxy watch w/ motorola force 2 , volume issues

I would like to look into this issue for you. 

Have you made sure that your phone and watch are up to date?

Does this only happen with the one phone?

Highlighted
Constellation

Yes, both are up to date.  I only use the watch with the one phone.  I went since my post with my bluetooth on the phone turned off and the phone functioned normally all day. Having to turn off the bluetooth connection to the watch kinda defeats the purpose of the watch though.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Can you provide the model number of your watch?

Highlighted
Constellation

626E   /  sm-r800 / one ui watch version 1.5 software version r800xxuidsli / knox 2.4.0  / SE for tizen 2.0.0 / TIMA 3.0.0

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you experience these symptoms with any other Bluetooth devices?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

No.  Only problem is with the watch connected. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Give this link a try to verify the compatibility of your phone with the Galaxy watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082502/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am aware of that list.  There is a total of 11 android phones that were tested in the US market.  As I am sure you know the motorola force 2 is not on that list.  That still does not explain why EVERY feature works perfectly for a limited time, then I get the issue with the volume.  If it is going to work for 2 hours, why would it not work the rest of the day? The page also says :Galaxy Watch pairs with smartphones running Android 5.0 or higher & RAM 1.5GB above, iOS 9.0 and later, and smartphones iPhone 5 and newer. My phone falls firmly into this category running android Oreo 8.0 with 3.9 GB of RAM.