cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Gallery Keeps Crashing

The gallery app on my Samsung Galaxy A10e keeps crashing. As I try to watch videos that were shared with me in shared albums or as I try editing photos, the app closes on it's own. Does anyone else have this issue? It might just my phone.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Gallery Keeps Crashing

Hello!

I can understand wanting to watch the videos you recorded on your device. When it comes to symptoms like this, the very first thing I would recommend doing is to do is the forced reboot. It is a simulated battery removal that is effective in fixing minor software-related symptoms like this. 

How to Force Restart your Galaxy A10

1. Press and hold the Volume Down button and don’t release it yet. 
  2. While holding down the volume button, press and hold the Power key as well. 
  3. Keep both keys held down together for 15 seconds or until the Galaxy A10 logo shows on the screen.

Once your phone has successfully rebooted, try opening the gallery app and see if it still crashes or closes after it’s launched. Also, try taking a picture or video using the camera and then preview it. This will also test if the gallery is showing this symptom still. If you are still experiencing the symptom, I would recommend testing the device in safe mode to see if you are able to open the Gallery app properly. You can put your device in safe mode by following these steps.

1. Press and hold the power button until power off, restart, and emergency mode show on screen 
  2. Tap and hold on the power off option until it changes to safe mode, then tap on safe mode 
  3. The phone will then reboot into safe mode. You will be able to check that it is by a grey transparent box in the bottom left of the screen that says safe mode.

While in safe mode test the Gallery app. If the symptom stops this will indicate there is a 3rd party app causing this to happen. If this is the case, you will need to uninstall the most recent app downloaded before the symptoms started. You will need to do this with each most recent app until the symptom stops. If the symptom persists while in safe mode, I would recommend wiping the cache partition on your device by follow the steps below.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys.
  3. When the Galaxy A10 logo shows, release the keys.
  4. Your Galaxy A10 will continue to boot up into the Recovery Mode. Once you see a black screen with blue and yellow texts, proceed to the next step. 
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

After the reboot, find out if the Gallery app is still showing the symptoms. Let me know if this helped!

Highlighted
Asteroid

I've wiped the cache partition and the app data and Gallery still crashes every time I click on details. This just started happening with the last update.

Highlighted
Constellation

My too how can I make it secure