JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Gear 360 (2017) won't charge/turn on

(Topic created: 08-07-2017 05:56 AM)
user04tBTyvEs2
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

My new Gear 360 arrived yesterday. I installed a memory card, then plugged the camera in with the included USB cable and my Samsung charger. The manual said to let it fully charge, so I left it plugged in overnight. This morning I tried to power up the device, but there is no response whatsoever. No lights, no display, nothing. I know the charger is good because it charges my S7 just fine. The manual isn't very detailed, so I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

161 Replies
usersby8sWWzwO
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Same thing happening here. I'm wondering if theres a bad batch of batteries for cameras out there.  was so looking forward to using this today.

0 Likes
user04tBTyvEs2
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I found that my Gear 360 *will* charge when connected to my laptop — it fully charged and I'm able to use it. Would still be nice to just plug it into an outlet, though...

userpXXdwEGMHC
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit
Whattype of computer are you using?
0 Likes
user04tBTyvEs2
Asteroid
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mac.

0 Likes
userlGiJu17U3N
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

I have exactly the same problem. I tried the Samsung s7 charger then about 3 other types, none worked. I just plugged it into my Mac and Its charges. Now I'm happy it charges, but it's not practical to charge it via my Mac everytime. Samsung please can you provide further information on this issue?

0 Likes
moishaspb
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yeah, right ... Samsung will provide more information. As it was refusing in the begining to ack the issue with battery on Note 7,  or with screen calibration on S8 (pinkish or bluish tinit).
No, it's not a lemon - it's a known quality control issues.

0 Likes
userhvJSXGGxoL
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Mine was charged overnight, took a few pics to test, powered down to take outside, and now it wont power up. Blue light flashes 3 times and makes chime before shutoff. Says: "check sd" when card is removed but otherwise shuts off immediately. Will test with another sd.

0 Likes
userkW1KXRA36i
Astronaut
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Yes I also had the same problem with no power to my gear 360.  However, i fixed it by simply removing the rechargeable battery under the  access hatch , then reinserting it. Whola ! Everything worked again.  CXheck that the battery terminals are making a good coneection by pressing down on the battery until you hear it "click" in place.

Ron

user8Huxd5Cbm5
Constellation
Options
Gear and Gear Fit

Ron, could you provide pictures and describe what you mean by battery hatch on your 360?  I don't see any hatch on mine at all.  Thx

0 Likes