Gear S3 Frontier 3.0.0.2 update

Asteroid

Gear S3 Frontier 3.0.0.2 update

I updated my gear s3 frontier to tizen 3.0.0.2 and ever since I have done that my watch will wake up on the music app and randomly start playing my music through my phone. This has been very frustrating as I haven't been able to wear my gear at work. Just wanted to start a forum to see if anyone else was having this issue!

13 REPLIES
Constellation

Re: Gear S3 Frontier 3.0.0.2 update

What app is starting up in its own? The stock music app? I'm thinking about taking this update but holding off to see what other problems pop-up.
Asteroid

The stock music app is the one opening randomly on the watch. It would randomly start playing music on whatever I had used last on the phone. Happened so often that I literally couldn't wear the watch anymore so I ended up having to send it in AGAIN. To Samsung get the software reflashed to 3.0.0.1.

Constellation

A lot of people are having this problem. 

Starting with the 3.0 update, Samsung has made a great watch useless. 3.01 delivered 18 hour battery life. 3.02 delivered 12 hour battery life and it seems their only answer is to send it in for service as if the software update isn't  causing the problem.  It seems Samsumg had gotten too big and forgotten that its customers drive its success.  If some are experiencing a problem with one of their products they act as if those people are the problem. 

Spoiler

I currently have 12 items registered with Samsung.  From Note 8's to S8's to 65 inch TVs and tablets. My loyalty for Samsung is being tested with the Gear S3. Its time to spend my considerable wealth elsewhere. 

Constellation

I'm having exactly the same issue right after Samsung updated the Tizen software on my watch to version 3.0.0.2.  Upon waking up with wake-up gesture, the stock music player shows up instead of time.  When this happens, I have to click a button to display time.  This doesn't happen all the time, but it seems to do it whenever the watch hasn't been awakened for a while.  At least for me, the music player doesn't just automatically play the music, so I can still wear my watch at work, but having to press a buttom every so often to go back to time mode is quite annoying.  I checked all the settings in the watch but there is none that controls this behavior.  I really wish this can be fixed.  If anyone out there knows the fix to this problem, I would really appreciate it if you could share it with us.  Thanks!

Cosmic Ray

Same here. 

Any idea how to fix this issue? 

Cosmic Ray

I just tried switching the icon to phone rather than watch. Let's see if this does anything. I'll lyk

Asteroid

It's looking like sending it in to have it flashed back to 3.0.0.1 is the answer for now

Constellation

Same issue here.

Constellation

Same here too,  very annoying