JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google assistant continued conversation does not work

(Topic created: 04-19-2020 01:50 AM)
Czeleny
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

When using my assistant on my galaxy j7, continued conversation is turned on but does not work. I found it works if I download Google Home app. As of right now I have no devices that need to be connected to Google Home. Is there a way to have a conversation with my assistant on my device without downloading Google Home app? 

4 Replies
Hondolabs77
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm certainly no expert but I've been discovering all of Assistant's various bells and whistles. To the best of my knowledge Continued Conversation isn't supported on mobile devices. So even if you use the Home app you would also need another device (like a Nest or Hub) to use Continued Conversation.

Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Give this link a try for compatible devices: https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/9249169?hl=en

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Czeleny
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

As always SamsungAdam you are a great help. Thank you.

0 Likes
Tony-Z
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So, why is "Continued Conversation" an option (checked by default) ON mobile devices?

Both my Samsung S9 & S8 have that option (I think my S7 did as well) ...?

Kinda stooopid to have the option available, and make it look like you have and can use CC, but don't even offer - at the least! - a list of compatible devices on the same "Settings" page. 

TMO S9