JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Google messages app opens in partial screen (Galaxy A14)

(Topic created: 04-30-2023 04:41 PM)
michd
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm using Google Messages as my default sms app, but when I get a message in my status bar and pull it down to open it, the app opens to only cover part of the screen (as in the picture). This appears to be similar to a bubble notification, but I have already disabled bubble notifications in the phone settings. I just want the Messages app to open as normal and fill the whole screen when I tap the status bar notification; am I missing something in the app or phone settings to allow for this? I'm using a Galaxy A14 5G with Android 13.

Screenshot_20230430_145752_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20230430_191916_Settings.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That's because you're swiping down from the notification, not the notification panel. If you tap the line at the top and press the two arrows going away from each other, it'll Fullscreen the app again.

View solution in context

2 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Other Mobile Devices
hold down the app then press the circled i on the top right this will take you into app info then click messeges settings then click notifications now click the pop up not allowed
Solution
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That's because you're swiping down from the notification, not the notification panel. If you tap the line at the top and press the two arrows going away from each other, it'll Fullscreen the app again.