JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Help! I have a Samsung J3 Orbit with no attachment icon

(Topic created: 01-27-2021 12:40 PM)
usergEbYN2d7hu
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello, I have a new Samsung J3 Orbit, 8.0 Oreo.  When I go to send a text message and try to attach a file or photo, there is no paper clip or attachment icon.  How can I send the attachment to the phone#?  Is there an app for that?

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello! This feature is dependent on the messaging app that you are using. You can try different messaging apps from Samsung, Google, your carrier or the Google Play Store to find one that fits your needs.

usergEbYN2d7hu
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks.  I am a novice with cell phone.  It looks like I have a SMS messager.  WHen I went to Settings > Apps, I see "Permissions" (messages); "Set as Default"; "Change system" (Settings - install unknown - apps).

What steps do I take to remove the current messenger and replace it with an updated one?  What app would I look for in Playstore?

* Confused * about all this stuff.    All my previous cell phones had the paper clip/attachment icon, but not this one and it's supposed to be a fairly new version. Thanks.

(My very last step is to take it to a mobile shop and have someone help me.  )

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

We are unable to recommend specific third-party apps, but you are welcome to search the Google Play Store. Be sure you read the user reviews before installing them! Once you select an app and open it it will ask you if you want to make the app your default. It would then default to always using that app for your messages. If the app you select does not meet your needs, you can repeat the steps to try another app.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usergEbYN2d7hu
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I found one with the paper clip/attachment > Pulse SMS

0 Likes
whywhywhywhy
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
wait, how did your get android 8 on a j3?
0 Likes