cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krankor
Asteroid

Help! My Samsung Galaxy Luna Pro randomly takes screenshots and saves them in my Gallery.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is annoying. Very often when I pick up my phone and unlock it there is a screenshot of my home screen taken at that very moment sitting in my Gallery. Frequently I find other screen shots of my home screen there too taken at different times. Once I had over 80 of them! I am very careful not to press the home/power key combo which activates the screenshot function. No matter how careful I am I continue to find these images. Is there anyway I can disable this? Thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Krankor
Asteroid

Re: Help! My Samsung Galaxy Luna Pro randomly takes screenshots and saves them in my Gallery.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, think I got it.  Tried safe mode but the process of elimination of my apps one at a time was too tedious.  So I found that if I allowed my phone to time out on any screen but the Home Screen the screenshots stopped.  I just need to remember when I finish using my phone to be sure it isn't set on the Home Screen.  I don't understand why this works but for the last several days I have had no auto screenshots.  Hopefully this has solved it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Help! My Samsung Galaxy Luna Pro randomly takes screenshots and saves them in my Gallery.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userqfVkOkoivm Does this still happen when the phone is in safe mode?

Krankor
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungQue wrote:

@userqfVkOkoivm Does this still happen when the phone is in safe mode?

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what safe mode is on my phone or how to enable it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Power key for one or two seconds to turn on the device.
  3. When the Samsung logo displays, press and hold the Volume down key until the lock screen displays.
Krankor
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungAdam wrote:

Give these steps a try: 

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Power key for one or two seconds to turn on the device.
  3. When the Samsung logo displays, press and hold the Volume down key until the lock screen displays.

Before I try this will it reset my phone or result in me having to reconfigure everything?  What will happen doing this?  Thanks.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It won't reset anything on your phone.

Krankor
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok, think I got it.  Tried safe mode but the process of elimination of my apps one at a time was too tedious.  So I found that if I allowed my phone to time out on any screen but the Home Screen the screenshots stopped.  I just need to remember when I finish using my phone to be sure it isn't set on the Home Screen.  I don't understand why this works but for the last several days I have had no auto screenshots.  Hopefully this has solved it.

View solution in original post