Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
YoungChris
Constellation

Help me my Samsung Galaxy J7 battery draining fast

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Since i got the update nougat my battery draining fast please help my phone was great before the whole thing happen a good battery life now it sucks
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
YoungChris
Constellation

Re: Help me my Samsung Galaxy J7 battery draining fast

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes that what i use to charge my phone on since the update called nougat had came out i have alot of issues with it i just want to if there be patch for this because most of the thing i read i stay away from my samsung galaxy j7 because of the battery i read a article about blowing up the phone im sorry i think i can not handle a samsung phone again but before the update call marshmallow it was perfect for me ever since update i need help how to be fix
46 REPLIES 46
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@YoungChris I understand how this could be frustrating. Have you also checked to see that all of your applications are up to date as well? Are you using the original charging cable and wall adapter?

YoungChris
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes that what i use to charge my phone on since the update called nougat had came out i have alot of issues with it i just want to if there be patch for this because most of the thing i read i stay away from my samsung galaxy j7 because of the battery i read a article about blowing up the phone im sorry i think i can not handle a samsung phone again but before the update call marshmallow it was perfect for me ever since update i need help how to be fix
userEzKG9ornDq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

help me my samsung j7 prime very fast battery draining very fast plz help me

userEzKG9ornDq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
hi sir how are you
i have a problam j7 prime aftar update 7.0 very fast betry draining
userVBJyfYwAiG
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I downgraded to Samsung Galaxy 7edge because the Galaxy 7n was getting way to hot and I needed a phone prior to leaving to visit family out of country, but mostly was supposed to receive a customer appreciation refund for staying with Samsung G7 And some other gift card

after G7N and G7edge switch and this is after the first recall I’m almost positive but then ontop of this G7edge failed After having for about 3months I still have the edge , but will only Turn on after Its plugged in and the battery is Fully charged and it boots up in safe mode etc and the day I was texting my husband it Randomly shutdown wasn’t able to turn on I had to remove Battery and replace then went on and there after using for a month or so was having more issues and I finally threw in towel and received a Free Lg from Metropcs after this and I have to say it’s still works great but in end I did buy another IPhone and still have the iPhone since March 2018 , and the G7edge and the Lg all in almost brand new condition, 

But not happy after all said and done I was promised the appreciation refund and have yet to receive anything at all from Samsung and it’s not the only thing I was waiting on a washing machines face plates label after another recall on A Samsung product and I’ve yet to receive even that !

so I used to like Samsung but I’m becoming weary and now really frustrated reading a lot of what the community is saying about some other problems with other products that we also own ... ughhh😞

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for answering that, @YoungChris. Just for clarification, have you tried putting the device into Safe Mode? Safe Mode disables all 3rd party applications and helps us determine if the issue is caused by an app misbehaving or software. If you haven't, please follow the steps in this link to place the device in safe mode for 2-3 hours: http://bit.ly/1vkcs06 and monitor the battery usage during this time frame for any changes.

userCo7XHfLja9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem, and so is my other J'7s that updated. We have 4 total. The batteries are all now draining within a few hours, where they used to last at least 13 hours.  Also, now the battery on all of them only charges to 92% (which is what the numbers read) and the phone symbol appears to have a full battery and stops charging. Since I have 4 phones, and we have not changed any habits or installed new apps, it has to be this update. It happened immediately after the update, on ALL 4 PHONES. how can we get this fixed???

userMu9W2uRp2F
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
try changing the location settings from what they are now to the lowest setting. realized after the update, that my location settings had been changed and was draining battery and using data.
YoungChris
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes i did put my phone on safe mode it did absolutely nothing to my phone it's showing the same thing draining my battery