JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Hide my phone number

(Topic created: 06-16-2022 05:04 AM)
userbO0WCPIwIF
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

After upgrading to Android 12 I can't find the option to hide my number while calling.

I use a Galaxy A71.

Before upgrading there was an option to permanently show/hide my phone number, but after upgrading I can't find it anymore.

I know I can add a prefix for every number I call, but I want to set/unset the option in a permanent way...

Regards

9 Replies
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Try going to the settings in your phone app and go under supplementary services, it should give you the option to hide your caller ID
userbO0WCPIwIF
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Many thanks.

My interface is Italian, so I am still unable to locate the option.

Can anybody please suggest the step-by-step orocedure, so that I can translate each option and locate it?

Regards

0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You could take a screenshot then use Bixby translate
0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Why or how I ask has your interface become Italian?
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If you go into Settings > General Management > Language should be the first option to make your device English again, if you so desire. And you can use Google translate to do it.
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I see, I got the impression that you couldn't read Italian and needed assistance finding the option bc it's written in the other language.
userbO0WCPIwIF
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Why or how I ask has your interface become Italian?

Simply because I am Italian and I live in Italy...

Anyway, I spent years in software localization, so if I get the name of an option or a menu item in English I can translate it in Italian...

0 Likes
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Open phone app - select three dot menu - second option from bottom is settings - fourth option from bottom is supplementary services - first option is caller ID (network default, always, and never are the options)
userbO0WCPIwIF
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Many, many thanks! It's exactly what I was looking for!