cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usern3BntBByHO
Constellation

Home screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My home screen is majorly messed up. It has double status bars, one on top of the other. There are 2 phone icons. There are 2 weather displays side by side, one is frozen and one is updated. I've been through the entire 134 page manual. I've looked at many posts. I find nothing that addresses this. I saw a reference to going to "Development options" and adjusting the animation settings. I can't find that option. When I shutdown, the choice of "restart in safe mode" is not there. Instead it just says "restart". Doesn't do anything. I also can't remove apps from this screen. Holding the icon does not bring up any options, nor can I slide them. What could I be overlooking? Thanks for any help! Oh, it's a Galaxy J7.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Home screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know how this sounds could you have set a screenshot as your wallpaper by accident 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

Note 9 User on Verizon Wireless
3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I know how this sounds could you have set a screenshot as your wallpaper by accident 

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please mark it as "Solved."

Note 9 User

usern3BntBByHO
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow! In a million years I would never have thought of that. But that was it. I will never know how I did it but thank you! 

Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Happy to help if you have any questions feel free to ask and someone will help you 

Note 9 User