JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can I download music from my iMac to my A51?

(Topic created: 03-09-2021 05:04 PM)
Members_dmIeXAZ
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I just got a new A51, and am puzzling how to download music from my iMac.  My previous phone was a Blackberry Priv, and while I was able to transfer some data from the Priv to the A51, no music was transferred.  So I am forced to transfer from my iMac.

With the Priv, I used Android File Transfer.  But when I try to use File Transfer with the A51, the phone is not recognized by my computer.  

I did unlock Developer Options, but there is no Media Transfer Protocol option there as I had on my Priv, so I left the USB configuration at Transferring Files.  But still no connection using File Transfer.

I tried Smart Switch, but all it allows me to do is move my Contacts from my Mac to the phone, which isn't much help.

Help!  I have exhausted my meager knowledge and have no idea where to go next.  Even the YouTube videos I have found do not help.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Other Mobile Devices

To transfer music from your iMac to your Samsung A51, usually Android File Transfer, Google Play Music or Bluetooth can help us do that. Or you can also try a third-party program like Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac. With its help, music files can be directly imported to your Samsung A51 via USB cable connecting. Just have a try and choose the one you like better. Hope this will be your help.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Options
Other Mobile Devices

To transfer music from your iMac to your Samsung A51, usually Android File Transfer, Google Play Music or Bluetooth can help us do that. Or you can also try a third-party program like Coolmuster Android Assistant for Mac. With its help, music files can be directly imported to your Samsung A51 via USB cable connecting. Just have a try and choose the one you like better. Hope this will be your help.

Members_dmIeXAZ
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I found that Android File Transfer will work, but ONLY after you open Developer Options on the phone and set the Default USB configuration to Transfer Files.  And also you CANNOT have Smart Switch loaded in the phone, for some reason this keeps File Transfer from working.  Once I removed Smart Switch I was finally able to get File Transfer to work. 

Even with Transfer Files activated it took several attempts before the phone and File Transfer finally communicated with each other and allowed the transfer.  Once it was working it was great, very fast transfer.

0 Likes