Original topic:

How can I get a Bootloader unlock code?

(Topic created: 04-22-2022 05:15 PM)
userisX5y2F0TH
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Will someone please give me a bootloader unlock . I own my phone and I already know you don't recommend it . Let's get past that I would like full control of an item that I work really hard to pay for . If it was illegal yins would be able to do something about us rooting . I would much rather do it through the company I purchased it from instead of turning to apps like rootking and iroot . There's problems and patches and loops and a number of other things we have to deal with . And secondly you are loosing the people's trust and once that's gone well then your Firestone and let me tell you my children's children will not put one of there tires on a car. That's 3 generations right there . That's what your company is working on with this . It's a small lose for a huge gain . How many of us out here even care about rooting our phones , 1% of us . Instead of fighting us , why don't yins lead the way in giving us our right back . So that I can tell my children that in this world of big tech there's one company that looked out for small guy . Cause how it stands right now that's gonna be Elon with the pi phone that's coming out , yins are missing the larger Pic.  You know what the government does when they can't stop one of us they hire us  . Small lose for a huge gain 

0 Likes
2 Replies
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userisX5y2F0TH 

Yeah, no... they don't do that. You do technically own the physical device, yes, but the software on it is licensed to you to use, and you never truly own it.

Please don't forget to mark a helpful post as a Solution. And give it a like:)

Geno71-Ambassador-Signature2-1
0 Likes
userFKApOch0x9
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

That's probably the worst copout to this question ever and a very poor representation of your employer. Microsoft doesn't sell PC's and say "you can't uninstall Windows and use Linux instead cause our license says so." The answer is no but not over a software license. It's because carriers don't want customers having root access to flash 3rd party ROMs. It's an agreement between Samsung and the phone carriers in the US and Canada. This all started years ago because people abused insurance policies to get bricked phones replaced after they flashed something wrong trying to root . Furthermore a software license does not negate hardware ownership. Purchase of the device includes the aforementioned license for use of the OneUI software. Modifying is legal as well, providing you don't try rebrand and sell it as your own.   

Samsung does not prevent a consumer from unlocking the bootloader in countries outside of the US and Canada. All you have to do is tap the build number in settings 7 times and toggle OEM Unlock on from the developer settings. Companies like OnePlus and Google will allow you to unlock your bootloader in the US and Canada as long is its either paid in full from your carrier or you buy the unlocked model from them (sometimes you have to request an unlock code to use in ADB or flash a file).  Samsung should consider handling this like Google and OnePlus have and let the consumer take the risk on something they want to do on their phone. The warranty and insurance all states rooting makes those void. We all get it and accept. So let's move on and let people unlock is they want at their risk.

0 Likes