cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

How can I get rid of Get Recommended Apps notification on my Samsung A10 mobile?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ever since the latest configuration update this notification has returned on the lock screen and no previous advice gets rid of it. It’s SO annoying! Does anyone have any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: How can I get rid of Get Recommended Apps notification on my Samsung A10 m..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yay! It looks like I've solved this at long last!:

- Settings

- Apps

- 3 dots top right

- Show system apps

- Configuration update 

- Notifications 

- A new version of Recommended apps is available*

- Lock screen

- Do not show notifications 

* I'd already followed the last 2 steps for Recommended apps but that didn't resolve the issue, at least on its own

I'm pretty annoyed with Samsung for necessitating all this detective work!
When I contacted Samsung support the only resolution they could suggest was to restore factory settings, which would have just given me more issues to resolve!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How can I get rid of Get Recommended Apps notification on my Samsung A10 mobile?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for reaching out! Are the notifications coming from the Google Play Store or the Galaxy App Store?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: How can I get rid of Get Recommended Apps notification on my Samsung A10 mobile?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your response. It's a system app notification that I've tried to turn off, but it still appears on the lock screen and will only allow me to pause it for a maximum of 2 hours! Please see photo attached.E2F3ADEB-FE2F-40A5-B658-533D5BBC379D.jpeg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Give this a try: go to settings > apps > locate the following apps: configAPK, ConfigUpdater, and Configuration message > and disable them and then restart your device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your response.
Do you know what other effects disabling these system apps will have? I'd love to get rid of this irritating notification but I do want to be able to update my mobile when necessary.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It should not affect the function of your phone or your ability to update. Apps will open as necessary when needed in the background for those purposes.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for your reply.
ConfigAPK and ConfigUpdater are both now disabled, I did a Force Stop on Configuration message by mistake, and restarted the phone, but sadly the notification is back.

Any other ideas would be much appreciated.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: How can I get rid of Get Recommended Apps notification on my Samsung A10 m..

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Erase them

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the title/name of the app notification? You should be able to go into settings/system apps and disable notifications for it under the title.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Block unwanted calls and apps