Original topic:

How can I go back to Android 10?

(Topic created on: 3/5/21 6:27 AM)
MrLynx
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I got the android 11 update 4 days ago, it was the biggest mistake i have ever made with my new phone. The android 11 update totally ruined my phone.

when the screen turns off standby everything shuts off. Wi-Fi Bluetooth Mobile Data.  The Phone does not receive any phone calls when the phone is in standby. I have to set my phone to do not sleep, and screen always on.

Why would anyone make a phone do this?

I like to listen to audio books, music, news. as soon as the screen turns off so does whatever i was listening to. My doctor called me to tell me of test results that are very important but couldn't call me because my phone was on standby i didn't get her call when I'm on a call and the screen shuts off the call gets cut off. leave the screen on all the time drains the battery my battery used to last 3.5 days of normal use not I'm lucky to get 6 hours

Also, with this android 11 update, my phone will not link to Google Nest Mini 2 or Google Assistant. when i try it says your device is not compatible with Google Nest or Google Assistant.

It will also no longer link to my car.

Is there any way to go back to Android 10?

My phone had 10.1 before the android 11 update.

The 10.1 was a security upgrade that was installed in November 2020

My phone is an unlocked Galaxy A51 5G purchased in September 2020

5 Replies
Arjae
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
you can always do a factory reset
0 Likes
MrLynx
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for your reply.

Will doing that take it back to Android 10?

0 Likes
Arjae
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
its will be what it was when you first bought the phone or tou always go back into yiur setting and remove the update
0 Likes
Incog
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
a factory reset WILL NOT take you back to 10 now that you are on 11. do not listen to arjae
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for reaching out. Samsung doesn't have an authorized way to revert the software to the previous version.

I would recommend a software re-flash on your device. You can take your device to your local UbreakIfix or ship your device in for service. 

If you wish to ship your device in for service, can you please provide me with the following information in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Full Name:
Street address:
Email Address:
Best Contact Number:
Alternate Telephone Number: (If Available):
Model Code:
Serial/IMEI Number:

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.