Original topic:

How can "spam likely" calls be silenced?

(Topic created: 02-28-2024 11:33 AM)
DDianne
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Anyone have a suggestion as to how to silence calls that are identified as "spam likely"???
OR in the alternative have a ringtone SPECIFICALLY for numbers NOT in my contacts?
7 Replies
Nerdboy2
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Probably blocked the number or silent your phone?
0 Likes
milepalmer132
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

You can use groups. It simple like you create a group, give it a name and then set a custom ringtone. And add all your contacts in that group....

Now it help you to filter between your contacts and non-contacts because the non-contacts will have a different ringtone, when it's compared to the one's in your contact list or the group.

0 Likes
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Block the number keeping in mind that some calls are misclassified as spam - like robocall appt reminders from doctor's offices.
0 Likes
DDianne
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I am NOT talking about blocking numbers that have called me...
I am talking about having a NEW call from a number that is not in my contacts to be silenced OR have a different ringtone than any number that is in my contacts.

I do not see an option to put all my contacts into a group.
realaud
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It would be a project, depending on how many contacts you have, but the only solution I can think of is to set your default ring tone to "silent" and then go through your contact list and assign each contact either an individual ring tone or a common ring tone.

You can put all your contacts into a group and assign the group a ring tone. In your contacts list, look for the group header (should be right under favorites, if you assigned favorites). In any case, there should be a section for groups, since some groups are created automatically.  When you click on the group header, you can then create a group by clicking the + sign on the upper right. Name your group (or groups, as you can create as many as you need to) and select a ring tone.  Alternatively, if you have the time and inclination, you can go through each contact individually and edit the contact and assign them to a group on their info screen.  You can also assign a new contact to the group as you add them. After assigning a ring tone to your group, you can then set your default ring tone to silent.  This, of course, will cause any calls (not just suspected spam) that are not in your contact list to not ring. At that point, you could go through your call list for calls from numbers that you would like to ring through, and add them to your contacts, so that they will ring through.

0 Likes
gegphotojr
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That's a pain in the glutious maximus! Why can't suspected spam be automatically blocked after user (me) identifies it as spam and manually blocks the number?
In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
0 Likes
gegphotojr
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
So far not a useful suggestion in the bunch.
In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.