JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How do I turn the sound for apps off while keeping the sound on for text messages?

(Topic created: 08-01-2020 03:57 PM)
userTgGuSvgRbA
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a brand new Galaxy A51 and the app notifications are driving me crazy. I cannot find a way to turn the sound off for them while still keeping the sound on for text messages. And so apps keep waking me in the middle of the night, which is a nightmare!

From what I've seen so far, there is only one and the same setting for both app notifications and text messages, and that doesn't make any sense to me.

There is an option to set up notifications for each app separately too, but there is no "silent" option - you can only turn the notifications off or on. I need to keep that on but without a sound! I cannot believe that this is not possible or if it is, it's impossible to find and set it up! For crying out loud, Samsung fix this or somebody please tell me how to fix it! I've tried most everything to no avail!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userTgGuSvgRbA
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks! I'll try that!

View solution in context

2 Replies
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

With do not disturb your able to receive calls, text messages, alarms, media, and touch controls. You can set a schedule for when do not disturb will turn on and allow text messages to still be allowed from all, contacts, favorite contacts, or none. This should mute all other notification except what you allow.

Hope this helpsDo not disturbDo not disturb

Allowed exceptionsAllowed exceptions

Solution
userTgGuSvgRbA
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks! I'll try that!