Original topic:

How to block email address in messenger?

(Topic created: 09-19-2022 04:35 PM)
StormyCook
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Can someone tell me how to stop people from using their email address in messenger?  I Block them, but they come back.  I deleted them, I get more from them.  Most of them are not very nice(x-rated)  sometimes they come already opened up and other times I would have to open it.  No I do not open them.  If it was a phone number I could report them, but it's an email address.   I do not know who to report them to.  Can anyone help!

0 Likes
5 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Forward it to 7726
0 Likes
SyCoREAPER
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If you are using the stock messenger you can't.
0 Likes
GalXE
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
1 - Forward to 7726
SPAM Reporting Service
2 - Report to FTC
Complaint Assistant page
3 - Report to FCC
0 Likes
GalXE
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
2/2 Consumer Complaint Center
0 Likes
GalaxyMOM
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Your cell phone service should have a number that you can report spam to. I know T-Mobile's spam report number is 7726. I had my Facebook hacked so I just took the app off my phone. Facebook is so intuitive with there permissions. I think Facebook security has a lot of backdoors, so it makes messenger an easy target for spammers. You should be able to hold down the message and block it or either go to the three dots in the right hand corner and it should have an option to block the spam message or email? I know it's frustrating I have been dealing with harassing spammers for some time now. I hope my information I provided can help you get rid of the spammer.
0 Likes