Original topic:

How to clear cache?

(Topic created: 05-03-2023 10:55 PM)
Tanya2023
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I just bought the newest A14 5G. How do I clear cache? Need to clear files from apps that were uninstalled.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ray_Ginald
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hello Tanya2023, if you already uninstalled the app then automatically all files, including caches, associated with the uninstalled app is cleared. If, however, you want to clear caches on apps that are still installed all you have to do is tap and hold down on the app and select the "i" from the box that pops up and then click on "storage" and click on "clear cache" at the bottom of the screen. You also have the option to "clear cache partition" but this is a more technical and extreme method used when you've had your phone for a long time but since you said you've just gotten the phone there is no need for this, yet.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
Ray_Ginald
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hello Tanya2023, if you already uninstalled the app then automatically all files, including caches, associated with the uninstalled app is cleared. If, however, you want to clear caches on apps that are still installed all you have to do is tap and hold down on the app and select the "i" from the box that pops up and then click on "storage" and click on "clear cache" at the bottom of the screen. You also have the option to "clear cache partition" but this is a more technical and extreme method used when you've had your phone for a long time but since you said you've just gotten the phone there is no need for this, yet.
Tanya2023
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you!
0 Likes