JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to copy/paste a calendar item

(Topic created: 11-20-2018 10:35 AM)
userCx3iD5WPlF
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I guess it's not possbile. I tried many things but didn't find a way to copy/paste a calendar item. Please, let me know if it is actually possible or add it as a feature request for the future versions of the calendar app.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Fair point, we'll forward this suggestion along to our teams and I'll tag this as a Feature Request here in the community so our teams that look through can see it more easily. 🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I don't know of a way to do this but you can set up for certain events to repeat themselves. 

0 Likes
userCx3iD5WPlF
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Of course, I can set up a repeated event. The issue is that I'm unable to copy/paste an event. I'd like to copy it to another place in the calendar and probably change a field or two. What I'm trying to avoid is to repeat entering all the data over again even when the event differs by a single word in the subject.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I do not see a way to do this in the Samsung Calendar. I also checked Outlook and Google Calendar, and did not see it there, either.

0 Likes
userCx3iD5WPlF
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

That means that Samsung has a chance to implement this feature the first. I saw many questions in this regards on different forums.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Fair point, we'll forward this suggestion along to our teams and I'll tag this as a Feature Request here in the community so our teams that look through can see it more easily. 🙂

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userr0jfkM7aoR
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm having trouble myself copying and pasting a calendar into my android calendar. For example the college I go to has a school calendar with term, and other important dates. There is a link on the site where you can copy their calendar and paste it but it's not working on the Samsung S10

0 Likes
useroVirgh5T4O
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

How to join?

0 Likes
userhgKv1HnrOT
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Work-around using Google Calendar:

My Samsung calendar stores all events in Google calendar, so I can simply open up any event, open the overflow menu, and select DUPLICATE.

From there I can change anything and save it. This allows me to save a somewhat recurring event to a different date but keep all the reminders, notes etc.

useruPKcTWhDXB
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It was possible on my Galaxy S2 with Android 4.1.2, but not on my Galaxy A6 with Android 10, which is kind of a bummer. I just have to change the date and hour, but now I also have to add reminders all over again, which has become more difficult with the new phone  I miss the old calendar.

0 Likes