JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to fix "Storage space running out"?

(Topic created on: 8/21/20 4:20 AM)
user2WccGsAqgJ
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I get constant warning that my storage space is running out, and I've tried to fix this by moving or deleting duplicates, large files, videos, and photos.  That hardly clears any space. Today I looked at "Storage Analysis" and see that the biggest chunk of my space is used by a category called "Other", but I don't know where to find the stuff that makes this up. My phone is an A8, but my wife has the same problem with her J7. Please see my attached screenshot. 

Samsung - Storage Analysis.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CDA129
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You have over 10 GB of images stored in internal memory. These should be moved to your SD card. That would give you a 1/3 of your storage space back. Even your wife can move 2 GB of images and videos. Then see which apps are taking up the most space. Some are storage hogs that keep alot of unnecessary data. If it's an app you don't use, consider deleting some. I also have cheap J7 with only 16 GB internal. I store as much as possible on SD and don't keep games that I don't play anymore.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
s9GaLaXYbOy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
My parents have the J7 aswell and they are running into the same issue, the issue with these cheaper phones is they have alot of bloatware that you cannot delete at all. Many apps are coming standard on those phones and they will not give you an option to uninstall or delete, and for some god given reason the operating system on those phones take up about 12GB, and there is no getting around that. The best bet with the cheaper phones is to purchase the model with the most internal storage possible and buy a large SD card. Keep all possible movable apps, photos, videos etc onto the SD card. Keep running the system optimizer, clear your cache. Half of "Other" may be your operating system.
user2WccGsAqgJ
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks for your response and explanation . My A8 has twice as much internal storage as my wife's J7. Why do we both have the same problem? 

I discovered the option to clear cache while browsing another site last night. We both tried it and regained just under 2GB of her 13GB and under 2GB of my 20GB listed under "Other".

Will also attach a screenshot of my wife's Storage Analysis page.

IMG-20200821-WA0000.jpg

0 Likes
usernWAdejma7v
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have the same problem

0 Likes
usernWAdejma7v
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

How to fix the problem

0 Likes
Solution
CDA129
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You have over 10 GB of images stored in internal memory. These should be moved to your SD card. That would give you a 1/3 of your storage space back. Even your wife can move 2 GB of images and videos. Then see which apps are taking up the most space. Some are storage hogs that keep alot of unnecessary data. If it's an app you don't use, consider deleting some. I also have cheap J7 with only 16 GB internal. I store as much as possible on SD and don't keep games that I don't play anymore.

View solution in context

0 Likes
user2WccGsAqgJ
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Yes, I already removed all videos and am in the process of moving the photos. Those were old ones from a glitch when the camera wasn't saving to the SD Card. Will do the same for my wife's, although her's has very little to gain.

Will be back if the "Other" category continues to grow and take up the space we regain here. 

0 Likes