Original topic:

How to get rid of box popping up recording the conversation?

(Topic created: 03-06-2023 08:22 AM)
CherylC
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm not sure what I did, but whenever I make or receive a phone call a box pops up and records the conversation. How do I turn this off? So annoying

8 Replies
-Misfit-
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
To turn off record call recording, open the phone app at the top right hand corner, click on the three dots then move into call settings and turn off all call recording.
0 Likes
CherylC
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have an A53 and I don't see those options. 😢
0 Likes
Matthew904
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I got the s23 ultra, had the 21 plus, and the s9, s9 plus never had those options whyyyyy?
0 Likes
CherylC
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I don't know? I can't figure out how to turn off call record.
0 Likes
KASEYKRYSTAL
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
What model phone do you have?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@CherylC You have installed (intentionally or not) a 3rd party app. Recording calls is not a feature of the standard Samsung US firmware which records calls. 

0 Likes
CherylC
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Can you offer any help for me to find this and delete it?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I am sorry to hear you have likely a third-party application recording calls. I can understand the concern. As LongHiker pointed out, it is indeed not a standard feature for Samsung phones.

Try using Safe Mode, to confirm that it is indeed a third-party application, and to see if the device behavior persists there: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
If the device is not showing the record box, then it is a third-party app-related behavior.

To isolate which app it is, you would simply navigate to Settings > Apps > scroll the list and uninstall unwanted applications. Once done, check to see if it still pops up. If it does, simply double-check your apps and uninstall potential offenders that you know weren't preinstalled.