Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Apesbrain1
Asteroid

How to restore Cloud messages to another Samsung phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, my wife's J3 suffered water damage and the screen no longer responds.  I ordered a replacement and in the meantime have set her up on an older Galaxy Prime.  Her messages were backed up to Samsung cloud, but I can't figure out how to download them to the temporary phone.  Suggestions welcome, thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How to restore Cloud messages to another Samsung phone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does the temporary phone allow you to download Smart switch mobile version and login to your Samsung account to have it restore from the last back up?

You can download Smart switch mobile to the temporary phone from google play store and restore : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.easyMover

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to us to assist you. You can us the Samsung Smart switch application to restore the messages, contacts, photos, and settings.

You can locate the troubleshooting steps for restoring a backup here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001192/

Let us know how this works for you.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Apesbrain1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for your reply.  It looks like Smart Switch runs on PC which would be a challenge given that the water-damaged phone has a non-functional screen.  I've been accessing it with a USB mouse, but what you suggest means I have to connect it via USB to my PC for which I'd have to disconnect the mouse and not be able to put the phone into "USB" mode when it asks.  Is there an Android app that would do something similar?  The data is already in the Samsung Cloud, all I need is to pull it down to the temporary phone.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You are very welcome, thank you for being the best part of Samsung.

Apesbrain1
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Note that Smart Switch works differently than you described.  It does not access cloud storage.  The old and new phones need to both have the app installed and be connected via cable or short-range radio.  I used radio and it worked fine.  Thanks.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does the temporary phone allow you to download Smart switch mobile version and login to your Samsung account to have it restore from the last back up?

You can download Smart switch mobile to the temporary phone from google play store and restore : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.easyMover

Apesbrain
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That should be exactly what I need.  Will let you know how it works out.  Thanks.