Other Mobile Devices
How to scan QR code with my camera on my galaxy A12 phonr
0 Likes
16 Replies
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You don't go into the camera anymore. Pull down the screen. In the quick settings, there's a qr code scan toggle. When you hit it, the qr code reader comes on automatically.
0 Likes
Stoney83
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That's my quick settings is one of them itScreenshot_20210829-231539_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20210829-231525_Samsung Members.jpg
0 Likes
St3v3C
Sun
Options
Other Mobile Devices
No. What version os you on?
0 Likes
Stoney83
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Android 11
0 Likes
ProfDean
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have the same problem...
0 Likes
Stoney83
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I still haven't figured it out
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hi, I can understand your frustration with not knowing how to scan QR codes. Thankfully, I can show you how:

How to Scan a QR code on an Android Phone

If you’re running Android 8 or later, you can scan a QR code by opening the camera app, pointing your phone at the QR code, and tapping the pop-up banner. If you don’t see the pop-up banner, you can use the Google Lens app to scan the QR code instead.

1. Open the Camera app on your Android phone. You can open the camera app by swiping up from the bottom of your screen. Or you can tap the search bar on your home screen and enter “Camera.”

AAA

2. Then point your Android phone at the QR code to scan it. Make sure that all four corners of the QR code are visible in the viewfinder. If you are running Android 8 or later, you should see a pop-up banner appear.
  3. Finally, tap the pop-up banner. This will immediately send you to the website, open the app, or perform another action, so make sure you know what the banner does before tapping on it.

how to scan qr code on android phone

If you don’t see the banner appear, you can use Google Lens instead. You might see the Lens icon (which looks like a circle inside a broken box) somewhere on your screen. Or you might have to tap Modes (or More) in the bottom-right corner of the app and select Lens. Then place the QR code in the white lines and tap the magnifying glass icon to scan it.   

You can also open Lens on some phones by tapping and holding the QR code on your screen until you see a multi-colored spinning wheel. Then tap the pop-up banner when it appears above the QR code.

aaa

If Google Lens isn’t working in your camera app, you might have to enable it in your settings. You can check your camera settings in the app or in the general settings on your Android. Then enable the Google Lens suggestions option.

aaa

You can also download the Google Lens app from the Google Play Store. Once you open the app, move the QR code to the center of the viewfinder and tap the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of your screen to scan it.

google lens

If you are running Android 7 or earlier, your phone might not be compatible with the app, but you might already have the Google Lens feature on your Android device. To find out, press the Home button at the bottom of your device (or the line at the bottom of your screen) until the Google Assistant pops up. Then tap the Google Lens icon or select the microphone icons and say, “open Google Lens.”  

If all else fails, you can take a picture or screenshot of the QR code, open the Google Photos app, and tap the Google Lens icon below that picture.

Please let me know if this helps!

0 Likes