JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to turn off Wi-Fi QR scanning?

(Topic created: 10-23-2022 07:01 PM)
123go
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I can't figure out how turn of wifi qr scanning I just want to connect to wifi automatically on my Samsung galaxy a12 without having to scan a qr code im.not always inside a building so how can I scan if I'm in my car driving 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If you are in your car driving you should not be on your phone for anything you'd need wifi for anyway lol.

But your phone will automatically connect to any wifi network you've already connected to. You cannot automatically connect to a network you don't have the password to (unless it's an open network).

On Galaxy flagships, you can also set the phone to turn on wifi automatically when in trusted locations within the wifi advanced settings.

View solution in context

3 Replies
darrian
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
This is what i found on google

Go to Settings > System Settings > Users & Devices > Device Registration page.Deselect Display QR Code and Registration URL by clicking it.Click Save.
0 Likes
darrian
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
That looks like it's for a computer now that I'm looking at it agian
0 Likes
Solution
Options
Other Mobile Devices
If you are in your car driving you should not be on your phone for anything you'd need wifi for anyway lol.

But your phone will automatically connect to any wifi network you've already connected to. You cannot automatically connect to a network you don't have the password to (unless it's an open network).

On Galaxy flagships, you can also set the phone to turn on wifi automatically when in trusted locations within the wifi advanced settings.