JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How to turn on UHQ in the sound settings A53?

(Topic created: 07-17-2022 06:43 AM)
Buckeyeman50
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have a Galaxy A53 5G and when i go into settings then to sound quality and effects there's a button you supposedly you can turn on UHQ? What is UHQ and how do i turn it on? Because everytime i try to turn it on it doesn't do anything. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
itsjessXnotjen
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It enables automatically when headphones or an AUX cord is plugged in. UHQ is Ultra High Quality.

It is greyed out, until you plug in a DAC that's capable. That can could be a simple 32Bit/384Khz earphone adapter, or something like the FiiO BTR5-2021.

View solution in context

14 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Buckeyeman50 After you plug in headphones, you can enable it. 

Solution
itsjessXnotjen
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

It enables automatically when headphones or an AUX cord is plugged in. UHQ is Ultra High Quality.

It is greyed out, until you plug in a DAC that's capable. That can could be a simple 32Bit/384Khz earphone adapter, or something like the FiiO BTR5-2021.

Buckeyeman50
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
A Galaxy A53 5G doesn't come with a auxiliary plug in. You have to have wireless headphones. So why would that even be on this device if you have no way of turning it on?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Buckeyeman50 "A Galaxy A53 5G doesn't come with a auxiliary plug in. You have to have wireless headphones."

Plug in USB headphones and you can enable it. 

Buckeyeman50
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I guess I'll just go without it on lol... That's just way too much. 😁
0 Likes
Buckeyeman50
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
And my headphones are connected right now,and it still won't let me turn it on.
0 Likes
itsjessXnotjen
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Your headphones probably don't support UHQ.
Here is the link for Samsung wired earphones: https://www.samsung.com/ca/audio-sound/others/premium-headset-level-in-ear-black-eo-ig935bbegca/
The link for Type-C to 3.5mm Audio Aux Adapter: https://www.samsung.com/ca/mobile-accessories/usb-c-headset-jack-adapter-ee-uc10juwegca/
TorsionBar
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I am currently having this issue on my S22, but on my S10e with the same One UI 4 and android 12, everything works like it's supposed to. My S22 originally worked, but now after an update even with the Samsung dongle nothing works with UHQ upscaler. Just sent Samsung diagnostics on both devices I have for them to see what's up.
Buckeyeman50
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Let me know what they say, if you don't mind?