Original topic:

I Absolutely Hate My Samsung A71

(Topic created on: 12/29/20 2:52 PM)
drutley12
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have been a loyal Samsung Galaxy customer for over 10 years now and I viewed to never change to another phone, but this new Samsung a71 has really disappointed me. I have never had soooo many factory issues that have not been resolved. My visual voicemail has never worked, my Bluetooth technology simultaneously connects then disconnects; then connects and disconnects; then connects and disconnects again on its own. When I'm taking on the phone this becomes extremely frustrating and confusing! This phone is supposed to be 5G. Most of the time I don't get a cellular signal. When I'm at home I have to depend on WIFI calling, which means I'm paying $300+ per month without getting the mobile network that I'm paying for. I want out of my contract never to return to Sprint/T-Mobile, unless some kind of conssessions are made for me!
8 Replies
Rikachan
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You might want to go back to the store that you got your phone from so they can check out that issue. When I got my A21, I was told that the phones come with a limited one year warranty, meaning if something was wrong with the phone (for ex, some kind of factory defect or technical problem, but not things like dropping it in water), and it's been under a year, they will actually replace it with a new phone of the same kind.
0 Likes
drutley12
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I didn't know that. The store manager was very cheap with me. Even though they had messed up my phone and taken up two entire days of my time he did not want to help me. His customer service will run a lot of business away from T-Mobile.
0 Likes
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

For your connectivity issues with your Bluetooth, try resetting your network settings on the device. Just a heads up, doing this will clear all previous devices that have been paired to the device. You will need to add them back.

1. Navigate to your Settings.
  2. Secondly, go to General management.
  3. After that select Reset and Reset Network Settings.
  4. At the end choose Reset Settings and Reset.

Regarding your visual voicemail, service issues, and Wi-Fi calling issues, I recommend reaching out to your carrier due to those features are carrier-specific features.

0 Likes
drutley12
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I already did a network reset on my phone and the same issues persist.
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Just to clarify what type of Bluetooth devices are you trying to connect to your A71?

Do you experience these symptoms with all Bluetooth devices or specific devices?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userJK1OkufQIu
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I have been having nothing but problems with my A71 5g. they replaced my sim card but it did nothing. My wifi calling tells me I need to get closer to the signal. I'm sitting around 6 feet from it. I get calls I can't answer all the time. I also can make calls often unless I turn my phone off. I have my phone scheduled to restart every night. I have reset network setting frequently and nothing works.
0 Likes
GK1
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I just got my 71 and Galaxy watch. Same BT constant disconnect issues. I di the following and it seems to have fixed that issue.

How to Wipe Cache in SAMSUNG Galaxy A71?

Firstly, hold down the Power key for a short while and from the menu tap restart twice.

When the screen goes dark push Volume Up + Power button until the SAMSUNG Galaxy logo shows up.

Now let go of all buttons and from the following menu select wipe cache partition. Use Volume keys to navigate and the Power button to confirm that.

When the process is done choose reboot system now by using the Power key.

Great!

0 Likes
GK1
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I suspect the cache is retaining uneeded info from the updates and screwing with the connection. Seriously I was annoyed and it was useless. after do the above it has remained connected all day with no issues. Good Luck
0 Likes