cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

I forgot my passcode

I got my company phone (Galaxy A31) and set it up during a meeting. I was too impatient to connect the phone at this point with a Samsung account but set a password, I promptly forgot or mistyped. 

I created afterwards a Samsung account, but for some reason the serial number from the box does not get accepted. 

Google locate my device does not work, because the phone has this not enabled and since i do not have the password, I cannot change that.

I tried many ways to get help, but neither the chat option nor the customer service call robot was by any means helpful for me.

There is no data on it that cannot be lost and I also should mention, this phone is for development and testing - so I have no sim card in it.

Please help. I am so frustrated.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: I forgot my passcode

what company do you work for??
Highlighted
Constellation

Why? Is this relevant for my issue?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Was the phone ever connected to Wi-Fi? Were you able to get your Google Account on there? Do you know the Google Account password? Has the password been reset in the last 24 hours?

Highlighted
Constellation

I think it was connected to my WiFi. I have my Google Account in there and I know my password, which has not been reset.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I would recommend factory resetting your device. Important: Please save any information you need prior to the factory reset because otherwise your personal information may not be recovered. If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card. From Settings, search for and select Decrypt SD card, and then follow the on-screen prompts.

Before you perform a factory reset, be sure to back up your personal data, so you don't lose it all. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Hi, how do I access the phone Settings without a passcode? As it seems my phone does not allow it.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

What makes you think that the phone is not a US phone? My US company sent it to me to my US address. How would I know?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately the A31 is not a listed A model available from samsung.com. The only countries showing the A31 variant are Samsung Africa and Samsung Levant. 

Samsung US: https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/phones/galaxy-a/

I can double check this for you with the full model code, however, I would recommend reaching out to the team with your company in charge of distributing them to you. They should be able to tell you the country of origin in order to get you set up with a Samsung account; You would only need to sign up on the corresponding country's samsung.com site.