Original topic:

I get **bleep** text multimedia messages from email addresses

(Topic created: 10-23-2021 06:49 AM)
mKay
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
 I am unable to block these email addresses, only delete them. How can I block them
10 Replies
SMART1
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I reply and invite the senders server company, eg; abuse@hotmail.com, also abuse@youtube.com, abuse@google.com, as they own YouTube,abuse@att.net, my provider. I don't add abuse at a link I don't recognize as they usually are in on it. You can also add abuse or help at FCC.GOV. My Norton which is PC version doesn't stop these. I am going to buy Norton's Mobil Version today. If it doesn't stop it, I will return it. The FCC has ordered the Cell Phone Companies to put a stop to this and Spoofying.
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Google messages allows you to block individual emails from texting you and has a built-in spam blocking feature that helps.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging
0 Likes
mKay
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
These are texts to my phone number, not emails
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Your phone number has email capabilities. Google messages can block those types of messages.

T-Mobile – number@tmomail.net
Virgin Mobile – number@vmobl.com
AT&T – number@txt.att.net
Sprint – number@messaging.sprintpcs.com
Verizon – number@vtext.com
Tracfone – number@mmst5.tracfone.com
Ting – number@message.ting.com
Boost Mobile – number@myboostmobile.com
U.S. Cellular – number@email.uscc.net
Metro PCS – number@mymetropcs.com

Text message - Compose a new email and enter the recipient's 10-digit wireless number, followed by @txt.att.net. For example, 5551234567@txt.att.net.
Picture or video message - Compose a new email and enter the recipient's 10-digit wireless number, followed by @mms.att.net. For example, 5551234567@mms.att.net.
0 Likes
mKay
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks Red Giant. I added Goodle Messages and can now report and block those messages.
llym6971
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I agree google has help for this, yahoo, also and I have AT&T also they are not much help recently got Norton on my mobile they have been the most helpful of all! I think they will help you with your issue took 2 days to get my mobile lined out " severely hacked" really love ex girlfriend think you will be happy with their service as for me the cost is minimal for piece of mind an help when you need it.
0 Likes
mKay
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
These are texts to my phone number, not email.
0 Likes
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Good afternoon, I definitely get how frustrating spam texts can be. Spam text messages received from emails are sent to you as SMS messages through your cellular carrier's email to text gateway. If you do not need to receive SMS messages from email accounts (some automated alerting systems may use this method), then contact your carrier and ask them to disable that at their gateway. You can also use this link for information on how to report these messages. https://bit.ly/3paGP7I

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Does Google messages block the messages coming from the regular message app for Samsung? The blue one not red?
0 Likes