JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

I keep getting a message that I need to move my data

(Topic created: 07-18-2021 11:26 AM)
Nonnie1
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I keep getting the message that I need to move my data, pics, video etc. Or it will be deleted. Can I explain what it is exactly that I need to do ? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Nonnie1 the backup of your photos and videos to Samsung cloud is ending. If you have photos and videos on Samsung cloud which are not on your phone, you need to download them before the service ends. 

Samsung has worked with Microsoft to integrate OneDrive backups for your photos and videos. 

There are other options for backing up like Google photos, copying to a computer, etc. 

View solution in context

9 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Nonnie1 the backup of your photos and videos to Samsung cloud is ending. If you have photos and videos on Samsung cloud which are not on your phone, you need to download them before the service ends. 

Samsung has worked with Microsoft to integrate OneDrive backups for your photos and videos. 

There are other options for backing up like Google photos, copying to a computer, etc. 

usersXTG0OJdBj
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
But then we're locked into Microsoft?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@usersXTG0OJdBj 

"But then we're locked into Microsoft?"

No, there are other options for backing up like Google photos, copying to a computer, etc. 

0 Likes
usersXTG0OJdBj
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Google photos changing too, I think
0 Likes
Nonnie1
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
How do I know if they are backed up to Google photos or whatever
0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@Nonnie1 

"How do I know if they are backed up to Google photos or whatever"

You need to enable it in Google Photos -> click your icon in upper right -> Photo settings -> Back up & sync

You can see your photos by visiting photos.google.com or opening the Google Photos app. 

Nonnie1
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thank you
0 Likes
SkyAngel
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Where can I find information to move my items to OneDrive? How much longer do we have to move everything?
0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thank you for reaching out and I certainly understand your concern with the transfer of your items to OneDrive. Give this link a try: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/samsung-gallery-and-onedrive-99c4e77b-8e63-4ddc-aede-19f8...

Also here is the information about the Samsung cloud discontinuing: https://support.samsungcloud.com/#/eof_notice/group1

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes