Original topic:

I'm not able to send SMS or MMS messages

(Topic created: 09-03-2021 08:11 PM)
tom2044
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So basically I can't send SMS or MMS. It used to work perfectly fine but for some reason it's stopped. I can receive SMS but can't respond. Whenever I try to send a MMS it says something like "can't send unsupported format" I have literally tried everything I can find on the internet short of a factory reset, so I decided to see if anyone here was experiencing this or has a fix. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
userGDEGjixfeS
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
HI tom2044 try to do a Factory restore and set up as a new phone I hope this works out for you I had a problem before when my galaxy s21 ultra was acting stupid I resorted my phone as new I had no problems after with texting I hope this works rob
0 Likes
tom2044
Galaxy
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thanks for the help! One question, did you back up you're data then restore it after you reset? I don't want to have to start completely over as I've had my phone for awhile.... but not sure if restoring my backup will bring back the issue 🤔
0 Likes
Krogersupervisor1
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Hi Tom, to answer the question, you first need to backup the phone and then restore it it after you reset it
0 Likes
JacquelineWilson57
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Tom, before you do the factory reset, try to update it in settings, and about my phone. Hopes this helps.
0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

completely understandable that you don't want to Factory Reset, setting up the device again is annoying even if a lot of the data does get restored...

It may be something the carrier could help with if you haven't spoken to them already. Or it could be software issue which samsung techs can help with... which you can submit an error report to Samsung Members after reproducing the issue.

Please share your device's model number, carrier, and software version, the messages app version would also be helpful.

0 Likes