Original topic:

I need to unlock my Galaxy A70 with a broken screen

(Topic created on: 5/12/21 7:39 PM)
AvidCoder
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My phone has a broken screen (and probably a broken touch sensor) and I need to unlock it (pattern lock) to get the data off of it. It is a Galaxy A70 running Android 11 and the latest OneUI. Both the Samsung Find my Mobile web app and the Android/Google Find my Device site aren't able to see that it is connected to the internet. My Google WiFi router clearly shows it being connected however. Although sometimes the Samsung Find my Mobile site sometimes reads "online", it fails to unlock/back up the device. I have tried connected with ADB to unlock the device, no luck. The Kies and Smart Switch utility are no help either. I am also unable to use Window's Phone Companion app to display the screen or view any data whatsoever.

I have thought about using a keyboard/mouse to unlock it but without screen output I have no chance. I have looked into replacing the screen, which I am fully capable of, but I don't want to spend 60+ dollars on a new panel just to get the data if I can find another way. I don't even plan on using the device after I repair it, I have another one on the way. I couldn't even find a well rated listing for one on the web anyways.

To make matters worse, none of my data was set to back up to the cloud, although I was pretty sure I had set it to. When I go to view my cloud gallery on Samsung's website, it insists that I allow the action from my unusable phone. Or I delete the phone from my account to access it. I can't do either from my position.

I would really like an out of the box solution. I have thought about using a mouse to input the pattern lock by practicing on another A70 available to me and repeating the action the the broken device. I will take any measures possible to avoid an unnecessary cost.

I really appreciate any help whatsoever! Thanks!

4 Replies
Vasiaua1
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
0 Likes
AvidCoder
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Do I need to accept the android debugging prompt with this method? I think I can get the phone into download mode without the screen but I don't know if this requires me to do any ADB tricks

0 Likes
Vasiaua1
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The best way by a new screen
0 Likes
Lou9276
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I agree with the "buy a new screen" option. I broke my screen last week and had all of my son's pics since birth that I failed to back up on a cloud. Samsung & my service provider said nothin they could do. I repaired my screen.
0 Likes