cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swatcat
Astronaut

IMS Services Keeps stopping

It has been several weeks and the mobile Phone (Samsung J6- Bought in India, Using in Australia) is unusable now. It has slowed down tremedously and also battery is getting drained big time! and no, it is not a carrier issue. Happened after the last update only. I can see for S9 series there had been an update - any plan to release anything/solution for the J6 series.

2 REPLIES 2
Honored Contributor

Re: IMS Services Keeps stopping

@swatcat wrote:

It has been several weeks and the mobile Phone (Samsung J6- Bought in India, Using in Australia) is unusable now. It has slowed down tremedously and also battery is getting drained big time! and no, it is not a carrier issue. Happened after the last update only. I can see for S9 series there had been an update - any plan to release anything/solution for the J6 series.

Did your phone get August update or September?

Most people using devices from other regions using in Australia had some sort of IMS issue with August patch, but September fixed issues, as users report.  It could of been a combination of software update and Australian operators issue.

swatcat
Astronaut

Re: IMS Services Keeps stopping

Software Update Information

Current Version : J600GDXU4BSH2/J600GODM4BSH2/J600GDXU4BSG1
Security Patch Level : 1 August 2019

And It says this is the latest version and no other updated version is available. Also, I have taken out my sim card to check. I thought not having a sim card might take out the operator issue, not sure whether I am correct.