JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Icon on lower right after update

(Topic created: 11-13-2020 11:08 AM)
Wagman74
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So yesterday out of the blue my galaxy A51 had some kind of update and added a icon in the lower right corner of my screen. This is in the line that one keeps their most used apps. They are always there no matter if you're on home screen on 5 pages in. So I notice the phone had remove the important icon j kept in that spot and installed a icon to flip me to all my apps. The phone won't let me do anything with this new stupid icon that now takers up an important spot. Now let me remind you that I can do the same thing this icon that I can't remove with a simple swipe of my finger up or down on any screen. 

So why would Samsung install a completely useless icon in one the the most important spots on the phone that does the same thing as a swipe of my finger????? I can't express how much this inflamed me!!!!! Especially when I can't remove it or even move it to a different spot.. 
This has to be the dumbest idea ever for an icon. And even dumber that you have no choice to remove it or not. Literallade me hate this phone. Makes me want to switch back to motorola!!!!!! 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
have you tried going into your Home Screen settings and turning off your Apps Button???

clipboard_image_1605294747425.jpg

View solution in context

6 Replies
Solution
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
have you tried going into your Home Screen settings and turning off your Apps Button???

clipboard_image_1605294747425.jpg

SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Do you have a third-party theme/launcher installed on the device?

Can you give a bit more detail on what the icon looks like or if you click on it, what screen does it take you to?

Have you attempted to wipe the system cache partition on the device since the update occurred?

1. First power off your device.
  2. Now press and hold the Volume Up and Power keys simultaneously till you find the Samsung logo.
  3. Now release the keys.
  4. You will be redirected to recovery mode.
  5. Choose wipe cache partition using the volume keys.
0 Likes
Wagman74
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
that worked thanks
0 Likes
Wagman74
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
there's no place to turn it off in settings. it's the only icon that you can't do anything with. you can't remove it. you can't move it to a different spot anywhere on any screen.
it's the dumbest idea ever. why I would need a button to push to get me to my apps screens when a slide of finger up or down on any screen does the same thing.
0 Likes
Wagman74
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I take it back. I looked at your picture went to that screen & turned it off. it did work.
Thank you. that was driving me crazy.
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Sweet!!! it's always the little things huh...you get everything set just the way you want and someone moves the lamp in the room 2 inches to the left and Boom!!! everything is off LOL . Glad to Help
0 Likes