IconX 2018 low volume in one ear.

Samsung Moderator

Re: IconX 2018 low volume in one ear.

Hey guys, have you tried changing the dominant ear from right to left or vice versa? 

Asteroid

@SamsungMichelle wrote:

Hey guys, have you tried changing the dominant ear from right to left or vice versa? 

Yes, with no change. My set has begun exhibiting this behavior now as well.  Wondering if this is due to a software update.  My right earbud seems to be functioning normally, while my left earbud is at approximately 50% volume.  

I have tried cleaning.  Resetting left earbud and re-pairing to my S8+. Changing exercise earbud from right to left.  Interestingly, after I first cleaned the left (basically just removing the cushion and scraping the screen with my fingernail) it worked normally for about 15 seconds, and then volume dropped off again.

The left bud CAN work normally, it just WON'T on any predictable basis.

Samsung, your silence on this issue is deafening, and seriously shaking my confidence in your products, and I have a LOT of Samsung products.  Can someone at least acknowledge that this is an issue and is being worked on?

Samsung Moderator

Is the software up to date? The current version is R140XXUARC7.

Constellation

Same issue. Running most recent software. 

Astronaut

I have the same issue, tried everything, nothign changed. Very disappointed.

If Samsung will not look inot this, I would lose my trust. 

I am already feeling bad on the situation on S8 and S9 battery , it work until 12-1 pm and I need to charge it again. 

How come they came with this batteries if Tesla already producing cars that runs 500+ km on batteries and my Samsung S9 only hold power for 4-5 hours.....

Astronaut

Perfect! Thanks!

Asteroid

I clean mine daily and it just started this. 

Samsung Moderator

I"m sorry to hear that. There are a few troubleshooting steps you can try. Let us know if they help. 

• First, make sure your wireless network is working properly.
  • Ensure that the earbuds and the other Bluetooth device are within the maximum Bluetooth range (16 feet). The distance may vary depending on the environment the devices are used in.
  • The earbuds may experience drops in volume or noise depending on the connected phone's volume. To avoid this, appropriately adjust the connected phone's sound.
  • Adjust the volume on the connected phone when you cannot hear sounds on the earbuds at full volume during a call.
  • Adjust the volume or move to another area if there is an echo during a call.
  • Verify that the earbuds are charged. If the battery is low, insert the earbuds in the corresponding slot of the charging case to charge them.
  • Lastly, if the earbuds are dirty with dust, earwax, or anything else, clean the earbuds for a clearer sound.
Constellation

I've tried all of those steps. My left ear bud is still at least 50 percent quieter than the right.  Is Samsung working on this problem? 

Samsung Moderator

@user4vSqtnmEuH; Have you tried equalizing the volume as well? To access a step by step guide just click on the word Link. Let us know if this is helpful.