cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Galaxy J7 perx able to charge on a wireless charger?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
on sprints site is says yes it is but when I looked up the specs on another site it said it wasnt.? any ideas anyone? Thanks.
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: Is the Galaxy J7 perx able to charge on a wireless charger?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userM3HikFOwg8

Not sure what site you were looking at that said this device wasn't capable of Wireless Charging, but from what I can see it sure is!

Also, just to clear up any confusion, this is a Community, which basically means it's mostly a Customer help Customer forum. We do step in from time to time to help answer questions though.  ^_^

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Wow! what an extremely helpful forum this is! glad to see Samsung is on top of things! Really though.. is this more or less just a low grade version of a Facebook group? are there even any actual repres entatives from Samsung here?
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Anyone in the Community have this device and can say for sure? Just let us know!  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user838qcmUonv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I currently have the Galaxy S6, as well as the Galaxy J7. I can get the S6 to charge wirelessly whereas the J7 will not.

userG72YIEyb7W
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the Samsung J7 Perx and it says that its Qi enabled, is there something specific i need to do to use a wireless charger.  I purchased a Lorell LLR99767 lamp which charges wireless, and I dont know how to enable the phone to pck up the wirless charging signal form lamp........any help would be great.

Thanks,

Dee

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey @userM3HikFOwg8

Not sure what site you were looking at that said this device wasn't capable of Wireless Charging, but from what I can see it sure is!

Also, just to clear up any confusion, this is a Community, which basically means it's mostly a Customer help Customer forum. We do step in from time to time to help answer questions though.  ^_^

View solution in original post

userWQaekn50Y4
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I too found one site (Sprint) that suggest j7 Perx was compatible for wireless charging without adapter. This site: http://www.gsm-specs.com/samsung-galaxy-j7-perx/ suggest that it is not. I have 2 questions: 1. Is it capable of wireless charging,? and 2. Do I need an adapter of any kind?
user75CfbNvmgJ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you.  You have provided the info that we were looking for. The moderator on this forum did not. We know it can charge without a wire, we did not know if the Samsung wireless charger could be used as is. It can not. We need an adaptor it seems. 

I found online from Samsung:

Samsung latest flagship phones, the Galaxy S7 and GS7 edge, both support the fastest possible Qi wireless charging, but Samsung's own wireless power pads apparently do not.Feb 22, 2016

Bills456
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What was the adaptor you were able to use to charge the J7

Bill Swain
GaryW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have the J7 Perx and I have a Samsung wireless charger but it doesn't work so I can't say for anyone else's but it doesn't on mine.