Anyone else having issues with the newest update? Updated yesterday and now my screen doesn't auto shutoff anymore. Can't double tap to turn the phone off & the power button won't shut off the phone anymore. The only time the screen is off is when my phone is plugged in. Keep getting an alert that the USB is connected & then disconnected constantly. Is this update something that can be undone. This is draining my battery. FYI I have the galaxy A51
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with the symptoms you are experiencing after the update and I would be happy to look into this further for you. Please know that Samsung doesn't have an authorized way to revert the software to the previous version.
There are a few basic troubleshooting steps you can do after any update as preventative maintenance:
1. I would recommend running your device in safe mode. If your phone or tablet is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app is acting funny, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. Give this link a try for steps to put your phone in safe mode: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062983/
2. Wipe the cache partition on your device. The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try to wipe the cache partition on your device:
• Turn off the device.
• Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby/Power key
• When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
• An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
• Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
• Press Power key to select.
• Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
• When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
• Press the Power key to restart the device.
3. Factory reset your device: This feature will completely erase your personal information and data to make your phone a clean slate.
Important: Please save any information you need prior to the factory reset because your personal information may not be recovered. If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card. From Settings, search for and select Decrypt SD card, and then follow the on-screen prompts.
Before you perform a factory reset, be sure to back up your personal data, so you don't lose it all. Give this link a try for steps to properly factory reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062029/
If you have tried the troubleshooting steps provided and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend a service repair/software reflash. If you device is in warranty, Please feel free to reach out to us directly via one of the following options and include a link to this thread.
1. Facebook Messenger: http://m.me/samsungsupport
3. Or you can use the following link below to request service. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/
4. UbreakIfix which is a Samsung Authorized walk-in service center: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/ubreakifix
5. Private message: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo
6. Contact our customer service team by phone at 1-800-726-7864
If your device is out of warranty, I would recommend contacting our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 for the best options for repair.
If you have an international device, please reach out to the support team in your area using the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitlocationsite.html