JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is there a way to view Samsung Health information online?

(Topic created: 09-21-2019 12:33 PM)
userZWFBZukumY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Having just got a Galaxy Watch, I don't like always viewing  my exercise,nutrition, and weight data and stats on a scrunched up phone screen. Is there any way to view a summary of all my samsung health data online, and enter information through a web-based interface like Google Fit, MyFitnessPal or other health-based apps? 

useryzwCCpgHyd
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

People keep asking for this and they keep politely saying no and then marking it solved. This isn't solved. Solved is when I buy a new watch from someone who listens to customers. 

useriZBlYlJOQ5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

It boggles my mind that Samsung still doesn't have the option to view Samsung Health data on your PC or any Web Interface.  What is the point of collecting all of that data and looking at health and workout trends while only having the option to stare of a small phone screen?  I purchased a Galaxy Watch earlier this year and am tempted to ditch it for something else.  At this point, all my watch does is give me reminders and text messages.

user6xepTqX1fq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I totally agree. I went from a fitbit to the Galaxy active 2 watch and am disappointed in the tracking abilities. I could go online with my fitbit and see all my steps for a whole month, which is something we do at work. You could see so much more with the fitbit online. I really like my smartwatch, but kind of wishing I had just stayed with the fitbit because of the online experience. 

useriZBlYlJOQ5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

For a $350 watch at the time of the purchase last year, it only lasts maybe 3 days at the most w/o having to charge it and have zero benefits from a health perspective.  If I could give a lower number than zero, I would.  Even if they do decide to make an online portal or feature/functionality available, at this point I am a little too miffed to stay with Samsung as a vendor.

The market is absolutely flooded with better products and with vendors that actually listen to the user base, unlike Samsung.  Besides this forum, either in user studies, surveys, etc... the fact that they blatantly ignore this basic feature is frustrating at best.

useriZBlYlJOQ5
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

THIS ISN'T A FIX BY SAMSUNG, but is a workaround.  Download the Samsung Health data on your phone, compress it, and email it to yourself.  Then open the specific Excel file and make a pivot table or chart.

Again, this isn't a fix an way too much work just to simply view it on a computer monitor.

Reference ->  https://medium.com/@dimshik100/how-to-extract-your-personal-samsung-health-data-514bbe2331f7

user1mwVQuOrLz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So while this is by no means a solution, I have found that it is easier to use the Dex app to view my samsung health info. Again, not a solution, but a workaround. 

userkB6j29oC8u
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

i have linked mine with FitnessSyncer 

0 Likes
canny
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

How?

0 Likes
user5RmtZVLnIV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well, I was using a workaround which involved exporting the GPX data from the workout and importing it into Endomondo. 

This worked quite well until...you've guessed it...Samsung inexplicably removed this feature.

0 Likes
userHaHc8GeOAl
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung does not offer data outside of your phone and that is a good thing.

But it also offers any app on your phone or watches to access the data.

You can share with third parties as you want, this includes Fit and others.

I will not post links to solutions, but they are in the play store.

It would be a great idea to have Samsung Health more accessible. That is the only thing moderator said well.

0 Likes