cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFQySptwCiJ
Constellation

Issue since the android 8.1.0 update on Galaxy J7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ever since last year when the Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J727A got the Android 8.1 update it tends to stop charging around 87% and I have to unplug it and plug it back in for it to go further. It's not any apps or a virus on my phone because I've reset it several times in the recovery. I have a new charger and a different adapter but it still tends to do it. I also bought a new battery. The battery lasts longer but it still tends to stop at 87%. Does anyone know what I should do?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Issue since the android 8.1.0 update on Galaxy J7

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this time I would recommend taking your phone to a local uBreakiFix location so they can evaluate it.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
userFQySptwCiJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It never had this issue when it was android 7.0 it started after it upgraded to 8.1

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried charging the phone while it's in safe mode?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Samsung_a2CaTVQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would try replacing power cable as well unless your charging wireless.

userFQySptwCiJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ok I will try and see if a new charger will fix the issue i will reply with the results when i get the new charger

userFQySptwCiJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No it didn't fix the issue it still does it

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this time I would recommend taking your phone to a local uBreakiFix location so they can evaluate it.

View solution in original post

userFQySptwCiJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you have this issue then take it to your phone provider because it means the charging port on the phone is messed up

userFQySptwCiJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Actually one of the people from the AT&T support said that its a bug that is caused by the latest firmware. So the charging issue is caused by android 8.1 not by your phone its the software