Solved! Go to Solution.
Hello, There, and welcome to the Community! I would recommend first wiping the cache partition. Sometimes a bunch of temporary files will get stored up and can cause things to be a little wonky if it's using up a lot of space.
Please try this:
- With the device off, press and hold the Volume Up key first, then the Side key. Continue holding while the device powers on.
- When the Android logo displays, release all keys and wait until you see the Android system recovery menu options.
- Press Volume down to highlight Wipe cache partition, then press Side key to select it.
- Continue using the Volume down and Side keys to confirm your choice if prompted.
- When complete, highlight Reboot system now with the Volume down key and select it with the Side key.
From here if the lagging continues, it could be a third-party application that could be the cause, the way to test this out is by putting your device in Safe mode.
If it works fine in safe mode, third-party app is not liking the recent update, you'll have to find out which one it is by removing one app at a time. Try seeing what apps you have vs your S/O, that may help narrow it down.
Last thing you can do for a laggy phone after an update is to just perform a factory data reset. Make sure to back everything up prior to doing this though.
I hope this helps, Please feel free to send one of our moderators a PM, if you're still having issues. You can just click on our name and select the message option. We're here for you!