Original topic:

Issues with Predictive Text After Update on Galaxy A11

(Topic created: 06-20-2021 03:57 PM)
userN6oruGJjRP
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I feel like I've searched everywhere for some sort of solution or answer for this question, yet to no avail. If this is a duplicate subject, I apologize.

This morning (June 20th, 2021), I woke up to my phone (Galaxy A11) telling me a software update was available. I let it update, and turned over and went back to sleep. A couple hours later, I woke up and decided to see what the update had changed.

I'm not sure whether or not it's an intentionally-added feature, or if something's wrong with my phone, but Predictive Text isn't working like it used to. Now, I only get one option, over to the left side of the bar above my keyboard, and it doesn't even suggest different options for what I'm typing. It's simply a duplicate of the word I'm typing (typos and all, if I happen to make any). I've tried turning on the Auto Spell Check to see if that might fix anything, but it didn't. I thought it might be worth mentioning that the spell check was trying to correct words thst were already correct.

And I've basically depended on Predictive Text since I got my first smartphone, so I'm really hoping for a fix on this issue. Has anyone else had this problem? Was it an intended feature, or is it a bug? If it is a bug, is there a way I can fix it myself?

If you need any extra info, just let me know, and I'll provide it for you. 

18 Replies
WAO71421
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Try downloading a third party keyboard if the problem persists
0 Likes
Andytheman
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yup. Get rid of it. There are loads of keyboards in Google and Samsung stores.
0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Have you tried to open up keyboard settings and clicking on smart text. Make sure spell correct is enabled
0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

do you have a screenshot? have you tried it in safe mode? 

submit an error report on members app > + button > error report if you think it's a bug with samsung keyboard

0 Likes
userbERHukvItk
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I have the same problem after the update.  All the right buttons are clicked, but predictive still does not work. Sent error report; nothing. Finally downloaded Gboard which is working fine, so far. Disappointed with Samsung.

0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Samsung Keyboard settings > Language and types > Manage input languages > Download English (US) 

this should fix the issue

Members_eGd0jqw
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This worked...... thank you!!!!!

0 Likes
tmolgard76
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Blue7 thanks that fixed my keyboard but I still can't use my mobile banking app since the update any suggestions
0 Likes
Blue7
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

which carrier? and what's the software version? 

0 Likes