cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Issues with tethering (mobile hotspot) when uplink is changed

The Xcover 4 s can be a client of a wifi and tether another device via wifi at the same time. I have 2 questions:

1. The UI shows a warning that when using wifi and mobile hotspot simultaniously, some wifis may be inaccessible. I expected that this would mean that one of the two would operate in 2.4 Ghz and the other one in 5Ghz, but I can use a 2.4 Ghz wifi while provinding a 2.4 Ghz mobile hotspot for other devices. So what is this warning about? Which wifis are inaccessible?

2. If I am connected to wifi a and simultanoiusly provide a mobile hotspot via wifi b, everything is fine. If I move the xcover 4s out of range of wifi a, xcover 4s itself switches to LTE network as it is supposed to, but the tethering client in wifi b does no longer have internet access. If I disable and (re-) enable the mobile hotspot, the tethering client can (after the obvipus reconnection to the mobile hotspot) use the LTE connection as expected.

So there seems to be a problem with the change in routing of the mobile hotspot traffic when switching from wifi to mobile network (LTE) ?!