cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

J3 Luna Pro on Android 6 won't Update to 7.1

I've been trying to update my phone to Android 7.1 (Nougat). At the moment, it's at Android 6.1 Marshmallow. J3 Luna Pro. I believe I'm behind several updates.i also keep getting the message that reads: (Your phone requires 1 or more software updates. When you receive a notification, please sign on to Wi-Fi and click "Install" to proceed with this secure update.) A year has passed since I got the first message. Every month I get it and I should be expecting another one soon. Do i have to reach my service provider or use Smart Switch? Can anybody give assistance?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: J3 Luna Pro on Android 6 won't Update to 7.1

Mine won't update either, it has some thing to do with your phone carrier from what I was told. Now I do not know if that is true or not, it is a shame you buy a phone and you can't even update it to stay current, now when all apps switch to 7.0 Nougat and mine is wont update, I guess I will have to hire a lawyer to sue just to get an update, which is sad. I will have to spend $5,000.00 just to get a lawyer for a stupid update!!

@Little30Flames wrote:

I've been trying to update my phone to Android 7.1 (Nougat). At the moment, it's at Android 6.1 Marshmallow. J3 Luna Pro. I believe I'm behind several updates.i also keep getting the message that reads: (Your phone requires 1 or more software updates. When you receive a notification, please sign on to Wi-Fi and click "Install" to proceed with this secure update.) A year has passed since I got the first message. Every month I get it and I should be expecting another one soon. Do i have to reach my service provider or use Smart Switch? Can anybody give assistance?

Highlighted
Halo

Android 6 is the final updates for your device thanks for reaching out

Highlighted
Astronaut

@KVDV wrote:

Android 6 is the final updates for your device thanks for reaching out

@KVDV Why is that Android 6 is the final update? We should be able to receive the other updates instead of being left behind. Please explain. Thank you!

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

its probably the next software that isn't compatible with the phone. phones ususally don't upgrade if it's more than 2 years old.