cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

J6 cannot connect to PC

HI,

Ever since I updated my phone on the 12th of March 2020 using the 1 Feb 2020 patch, my phone cannot connect to PC, it gives out an error that "device is not recongnised". It is not a PC problem as other phones can connect. I have tried to reset the phone's setting and no luck.

Is anyone experiencing a similar problem? May it be a hardware problem? What is the solution?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: J6 cannot connect to PC

Hello,

have you tried cleaning out your charging port?

Take a soft non-abrasive brush and lightly brush and debris that may be in the charging port. Try plugging into the computer every so often to test the connection between the phone and the computer.

Let me know if that helps! Thanks.  

Asteroid

It only gives a "USB not recognised" error.

I think the connection is good.  I have even looked at the PC Device Manager, tired to update the driver, no luck.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Are you using the original charging cable that came with the device? You would need to use a cable that has data transfer capabilities.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I understand that you are trying to help and that I came here for help, but this response does not assist at all.

Anyway, I have been using the same cable to connect to PC before the problem started. As I stated, it's not a PC/cable problem, it's the phone's problem. I have tried different cables and different PCs, and different phones on top of that!