cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userPW0ZYWxYaS
Constellation

J7 Crown - Android 9.0 to 8.0 Downgrade -

Ever since I let my J7 Crown update to Version 9.0, I have had nothing but issues... Slower Performance, Shorter Battery Life, Mic Randomly stops working, Auto notifications for Gmail Stopped working. hardly any disk space... I figured if I did a Factory Reset that that would solve all of the issues but it has not.. On top of that, The System takes up 14gb of space which leaves nothing for typical apps like Amazon or Facebook.  Is there any way to get a download option to downgrade this phone back to Android 8.0???

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: J7 Crown - Android 9.0 to 8.0 Downgrade -

@userPW0ZYWxYaS wrote:

Ever since I let my J7 Crown update to Version 9.0, I have had nothing but issues... Slower Performance, Shorter Battery Life, Mic Randomly stops working, Auto notifications for Gmail Stopped working. hardly and disk space... I figured if I did a Factory Reset that that would solve all of the issues but it has not.. On top of that, The System takes up 14gb of space which leaves nothing for typical apps like Amazon or Facebook.  Is there any way to get a download option to downgrade this phone back to Android 8.0???

You may be able to go back, but not through normal Samsung forum Smiley Happy

Try this:

Wipe cache partition

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the device logo screen displays, release only the Power key
  4. When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  5. Press the Volume down key several times key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
  6. Press the Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight 'yes' an press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

userPW0ZYWxYaS
Constellation

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@userPW0ZYWxYaS wrote:

@userPW0ZYWxYaS 

It is possible that another update would take care of issues when they are spread and it isn't only your phone.

You can make GMail notifications work by checking "optimized battery usage" settings.  Turn the feature off for gmail.