Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userLLf1n7Q8oq
Asteroid

J7 Prime Secure Folder Missing After Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

Bought a J7 Prime in Nepal about 2 months back. Came with Secure Folder preinstalled, I did not download from Google Play Store. Started using it and put my email, Facebook, Messenger, Viber, Skype, etc. in it. No issues using it.

Yesterday evening got a notification that system/OS update was available, proceeded with the same successfully. Now showing Android 7.0, Samsung Experience ver 8.1, Baseband G610FDDU1BQJ4 Build No NRD90M.G610FDDU1BQJ4. Security software version ASKS v1.4 Rel 161228, Knox version 2.8

Now I cannot see the Secure Folder at all or any of the Apps in it.

However, when I get a Viber/Skype/Messenger message, I do get the new message notification with "Contents hidden: Tap here to enter Secure Folder". When tapping, it asks for my Secure Folder PIN and after entering the same, I can see the message and can access and use that particular App fully until I tap the back button. Once back button is tapped, then I still cannot see the Secure Folder.

So I know the Secure Folder is there, my apps are there but I can see nothing.

Please help advise!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userLLf1n7Q8oq
Asteroid

Re: J7 Prime Secure Folder Missing After Update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got a new build NRD90M.G610FDDU1BQL9 on 3rd Jan 2018 and the Secure Folder came

@userLLf1n7Q8oq wrote:

Hi,

Bought a J7 Prime in Nepal about 2 months back. Came with Secure Folder preinstalled, I did not download from Google Play Store. Started using it and put my email, Facebook, Messenger, Viber, Skype, etc. in it. No issues using it.

Yesterday evening got a notification that system/OS update was available, proceeded with the same successfully. Now showing Android 7.0, Samsung Experience ver 8.1, Baseband G610FDDU1BQJ4 Build No NRD90M.G610FDDU1BQJ4. Security software version ASKS v1.4 Rel 161228, Knox version 2.8

However, when I get a Viber/Skype/Messenger message, I do get the new message notification with "Contents hidden: Tap here to enter Secure Folder". When tapping, it asks for my Secure Folder PIN and after entering the same, I can see the message and can access and use that particular App fully until I tap the back button. Once back button is tapped, then I still cannot see the Secure Folder.

Please help advise!

@userLLf1n7Q8oq wrote:

Hi,

Please help advise!

back!!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there @userLLf1n7Q8oq  Welcome to the Community! While this is a forum primarily for US based devices and their owners, I hope there is someone else on here that can share their experience with you and help. 

userLLf1n7Q8oq
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thanks. I will keep this open until issue is resolved and then I will update accordingly.
userjbpuyyco0A
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also from nepal. And I have also the problem. I just wanna a ask you that when it will be solve.

useru2x5q0nU6f
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm from Sri Lanka and I have the same issue. Please make it appears back again.

Rudi Steelman
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userLLf1n7Q8oq
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got a new build NRD90M.G610FDDU1BQL9 on 3rd Jan 2018 and the Secure Folder came

@userLLf1n7Q8oq wrote:

Hi,

Please help advise!

@userLLf1n7Q8oq wrote:

Hi,

Please help advise!

back!!

View solution in original post

user6QbAi42XzQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How can i get this file...it is android 8.0 or 7.0

userrrY8g0KYQm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,   Bought a J7 Prime in Nepal about 2 months back. Came with Secure Folder preinstalled, I did not download from Google Play Store. Started using it and put my email, Facebook, Messenger, Viber, Skype, etc. in it. No issues using it.   Yesterday evening got a notification that system/OS update was available, proceeded with the same successfully. Now showing Android 7.0, Samsung Experience ver 8.1, Baseband G610FDDU1BQJ4 Build No NRD90M.G610FDDU1BQJ4. Security software version ASKS v1.4 Rel 161228, Knox version 2.8   Now I cannot see the Secure Folder at all or any of the Apps in it.   However, when I get a Viber/Skype/Messenger message, I do get the new message notification with "Contents hidden: Tap here to enter Secure Folder". When tapping, it asks for my Secure Folder PIN and after entering the same, I can see the message and can access and use that particular App fully until I tap the back button. Once back button is tapped, then I still cannot see the Secure Folder.   So I know the Secure Folder is there, my apps are there but I can see nothing.   Please help advise!

M*****@gmail.com

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userrrY8g0KYQm

This Community works largely with US based devices so it's hard for us to speak on exactly what may or may not be happening to your specific device. You are welcome to see if the Community can assist, but as many may not have the same device as you it might also be worth reaching out to your region specifically for more in depth assistance!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.