Original topic:

J7 Prime not charging past certain percent (72-86%), error sign when powered off and plugged in?

(Topic created: 12-29-2023 03:05 AM)
Xander08
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

So i just recently got a samsung galaxy j7 prime j727t and its been having this issue were if I plug it in it only reaches 72% 73% or 86% I have tried a different power brick and a different charging cable both are original 

If I power it off it will show a triangle with exclamation point and will not charge further 
If anyone could help me I would appreciate it
6 Replies
realaud
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Do you have protect battery turned on? If it's on, your battery won't charge more than 85 percent. Find the settin in your phone's battery settings section.
0 Likes
Xander08
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Sorry for the late reply

But no I don't have battery protect turned on.
0 Likes
realaud
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You can try using the diagnostic tools in the Samsung members app. You can get to them by going to your device settings > device care and the selecting diagnostics. You can chrck the health of your battery. Your battery might actually be defective. If it's under warranty, put in a claim asap.
0 Likes
Xander08
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Sorry for the late reply I will try replacing the battery.
0 Likes
realaud
Red Giant
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Did you do a diagnostic on the battery and it failed?  I don't see the point of replacing the battery if it comes up as OK. Also, you said you recently got it, if it's under warranty, Samsung should replace it. You can put in an error report or you can call Samsung directly and find out what your options are.

0 Likes
Xander08
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I put an error report it said that they couldn't gather enough data the battery also comes out as ok. I don't have a warranty either so I'm kinda **bleep** if I can't fix it.

Edit I searched online so i bought this phone on Ebay it's the Samsung galaxy j7 prime tmobile it came out on 2017 it said on the listing that it was refurbished that's all I know about it.
0 Likes