cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usern5Zy2c3aIM
Asteroid

J7 Pro mobile data not working after Android Pie update June 26, 2019 - No data/LTE/4G

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an unlocked Galaxy J7 Pro. AT&T.
Android Pie 9 upgrade on Wedensday, June 26, 2019.

No mobile data since upgrade.

AT&T has (ICU) case started.

Reset Network settings.

Added new APN with AT&T specs.

No data/LTE/4G.

I will not factory reset as AT&T stated it will only reset to Android Pie anyway.

Please help, we have 2 J7 Pro's that have no mobile data after this upgrade.

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
usern5Zy2c3aIM
Asteroid

Re: J7 Pro mobile data not working after Android Pie update June 26, 2019 - No data/LTE/4G

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RESOLVED!: 

So we got our brand new devices. I inserted my current sim card and guess what?

STILL NO DATA! 

Went to the AT&T store and they installed new sims cards and guess what>

STILL NO DATA!

So they were totally stumped. Log in to your AT&T account and get to manage mobile data. There are off/on toggles to turn data on/off for each device. Our were ON. She turned it off, hit save, turned it back on, hit save. Rebooted phone and guess what?

WE GOT DATA! (the 2nd device took several attempts to toggle data on/off, but it worked)  Be sure to hit save after changing the toggle from on to off and vice versa, then reboot your device after each attempt.

I am so incredibly torn after everything we went thru and NO ONE thought to do this?

Samsung and AT&T failed.  Over 2 weeks and over 6 hours of tech support. It was AT&T side the whole time!

There is nothing wrong with our J7Pro devices that upgraded to Android Pie 9!

They have LTE/4G data!

Hope this helps anyone on any network! Try it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
usern5Zy2c3aIM
Asteroid

Re: J7 Pro mobile data not working after Android Pie update June 26, 2019 - No data/LTE/4G

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update:

Samsung support wiped cache, reset moble networks, added new APN, and finally factory reset device.

Still no mobile data was told there was nothing else they could do.

AT&T tech support reset moble networks, edited APN, added new APN.

No mobile data. This is 2 devices that upgraded to Android Pie 9 on June 26th, 2019.

Basically flip phones now.

AT&T said give them a few days and they will contact me.

Kat & Paul at AT&T were very nice, as was the Samsung tech.

Holding out hope for a solution.

userIoNAaiEhxX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue. Mine began on July 2nd right after android 9 update. I tried everything including local tech-fix shops. AT&T assumes it's a software issue and they can't do anything. Please let me know if you find a solution. 

usern5Zy2c3aIM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

July 15, 2019:

After over 2 weeks there is no resolution. Neither Samsung nor AT&T can fix my devices.

Sadly, forced into new devices and new 2 year contract.

Even though AT&T is a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Network, they used the excuse they were not responsible. Samsung & AT&T pushed this update to my phone like many before, but this Android 9 Pie broke the mobile data connection. 

Don't waste your time with tech support and their ICU cases., their promises to call back and blah blah blah. Go straight to the retention department, they are most helpful and want to keep your business. 

If an update breaks your phone, and you bought it from your network provider, they can assist better. But buying an unlocked device leaves us with useless devices if an update breaks it.  Either way they rob us of hundreds of dollars for devices we have come to depend on in our everyday life.

Seruiosly changed my dependancy on my device, and that's a good thing.  I've gone back to pen and paper for important info and reminders.

(Calvin, in the rentention/loyalty department, (she) @at&T was awesome! Thank you.)

Hope this helps anyone that has this issue.

usern5Zy2c3aIM
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RESOLVED!: 

So we got our brand new devices. I inserted my current sim card and guess what?

STILL NO DATA! 

Went to the AT&T store and they installed new sims cards and guess what>

STILL NO DATA!

So they were totally stumped. Log in to your AT&T account and get to manage mobile data. There are off/on toggles to turn data on/off for each device. Our were ON. She turned it off, hit save, turned it back on, hit save. Rebooted phone and guess what?

WE GOT DATA! (the 2nd device took several attempts to toggle data on/off, but it worked)  Be sure to hit save after changing the toggle from on to off and vice versa, then reboot your device after each attempt.

I am so incredibly torn after everything we went thru and NO ONE thought to do this?

Samsung and AT&T failed.  Over 2 weeks and over 6 hours of tech support. It was AT&T side the whole time!

There is nothing wrong with our J7Pro devices that upgraded to Android Pie 9!

They have LTE/4G data!

Hope this helps anyone on any network! Try it.

View solution in original post

Samsung_7AokGuO
Astronaut

Just wantbto tell you all,I have the same issue and I'm o...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just wantbto tell you all,I have the same issue and I'm on Verizon! Google's needs to own up to this screw up.

useraOchxgic966
Constellation

Same phone and I just want to say that I am having a hard...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same phone and I just want to say that I am having a hard time with me figuring out how to post anything or get any of this done for some reason. It's not letting me do nothing..