J7: To use Phone, you need to turn on Apps that can appear on top in Phone setting

Asteroid

J7: To use Phone, you need to turn on Apps that can appear on top in Phone setting

[ Edited ]

Hi Samsung Community Friends,

Several days ago, I hit the update button to update my Galaxy J7 to latest updates. Now I can't do any phone call from call log or contacts as I could did before. To make phone call I have to enter the phone number in dial pad.

When I view a Call Log item and touch on Call button, it said: "To use Phone, you need to turn on Apps that can appear on top in Phone setting"

But in Phone setting, there is no option for "Apps that can appear on top". I did check in system Application Manager too but Phone app is not listed in the list of Apps that can appear on top

Do you faced to this problem before and do you know any way to solve this?

Best Regards

David

8 REPLIES
Astronaut

Re: J7: To use Phone, you need to turn on Apps that can appear on top in Phone setting

Me too:

To use Phone, you need to turn on Apps that can appear on top in Phone setting

From J7, too

Astronaut

Re: J7: To use Phone, you need to turn on Apps that can appear on top in Phone setting

You can setting default SIM for calling

Asteroid

Hi userL1rFKZAARo,

Thanks for your way. I tried to set SIM1 as default SIM for Voice Call then it works. It seems the dialog of asking to choose a SIM for calling is failed to display because it's not possible to appear on top.

I hope to have a better way from Samsung for this. Because I am using 2 SIM and I need to able to choose SIM before calling.

Astronaut

Me too! Using the same SIM for all outgoing calls is not acceptable - I cannot have customers knowing my personal number, or friends being confused by my business number.

Constellation

Hi David,

I also face exact same issue as after when i update the software -waste update 

@userbTc4WYBag1wrote:

Hi Samsung Community Friends,

Several days ago, I hit the update button to update my Galaxy J7 to latest updates. Now I can't do any phone call from call log or contacts as I could did before. To make phone call I have to enter the phone number in dial pad.

When I view a Call Log item and touch on Call button, it said: "To use Phone, you need to turn on Apps that can appear on top in Phone setting"

But in Phone setting, there is no option for "Apps that can appear on top". I did check in system Application Manager too but Phone app is not listed in the list of Apps that can appear on top

Do you faced to this problem before and do you know any way to solve this?

Best Regards

David

Highlighted
Constellation

Default setting to one sim is compromise to technical fault by samsung

@userL1rFKZAARowrote:

You can setting default SIM for calling

Asteroid

Hi my friends,

Several days ago my J7 notified me for new updates. I updated it and it solved the issue now.

Good luck!

Constellation

Hi David,

Please follow below step and you shall have option of 2 sim to choose to call :-

step 1 . Switch off your mobile

step 2. Long press power button and volume down button together until phone start.Leave power button now but hold volume down button until you reach to home/lock screen display.This process is called safe mode and it shall be written on bottom left corner.

step 3. go to Setting > Application Manager  > Contacts .Click  one by one ---contacts >Force Stop >  Storage > clear data. Press back arrow .Click Permission and slide button to right side to give permission to camera,contacts,phone,sms.storage. here you have completed and done .

Now call any contacts your ask always sim 1 & sim 2 shall pop up to make your call.