JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

J7 won't delete photos in the gallery

(Topic created: 05-29-2017 06:02 PM)
usergHtXF4yiKY
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

The gallery on my J7 says it deleted the photos i selected but two seconds later they reappear. Google photos has been disabled, and as far as I know, gallery should be the only app that can store my photos that is doing this. I tried deleting them from the SD card when I plugged the SD card into my computer but as soon as the card went back into my phone it did the same thing again.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Give these steps a try: From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon>Tap Gallery>Tap the MORE icon>Tap EditTap each picture (or album, if applicable) to be deleted>Tap DELETE>Tap DELETE.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

23 Replies
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hello there, @usergHtXF4yiKY
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here

If those don't help, we certainly want to assist you further with this matter. To better do that, can we have some added details about your specific device and this concern? Things that will help the most would be the exact model number and Baseband version (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Reynoldsweed
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This is 1st time this has ever happened? I may not b fully updated as i have been unable to get wifi for cpl wks now so have hard time gettin online@times. Tend to avoid doin updates etc. w/o it cuz it can take awhile to complete. I did read ur troubleshootin advice tho. Thank u for that. Ill look into those things.

0 Likes
userhYwsbcvE8E
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

My j7 has many problems please help me.

1. When I download a vedio then I want to watch it in my gallery, it does not play and an exclamation mark appear in.

2. Also if I want to delete either vedio or a photo in my gallery It allows deleting but the items are still not deleted.

So help me for those please.

Thanks

0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices

@userhYwsbcvE8E: Can I get the following information:

Model Number

Baseband Version

Carrier

0 Likes
userhYwsbcvE8E
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Model number is 

SM-J701F/DS

And I don't know how to get two others.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Did you purchase your device in the US?

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userxz1ac6UZT7
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm having the same trouble and I have done all the things you said to do above and the photos still will not delete. I have a Galaxy J7 Skypro model SM- S727VL. I have checked periodically since I purchased my phone for software updates with the last time checking today. I noticed there hasn't been any updates for my phone since 2018. Hmmm

0 Likes
SamsungViv
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Hey, @usergHtXF4yiKY. I just wanted to reach back out and see if those steps helped out! If not, please let the Community know so that they can look into different ideas to help further.

0 Likes
usergHtXF4yiKY
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

With these steps I can delete photos from my device storage but anything on my SD card says "Files cannot be deleted"

0 Likes